<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 01, 2005

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and hook up with them later." 

It's a sad day for me today... I just found out that comic genius Mitch Hedberg was found dead in his hotel room a couple of days ago. Mitch was possibly one of the greatest comics out there. Not many people knew about him, but the people who did loved him. He unique brand of comedy was unmatched. he took everyday observations and made them hilarious. he loved his fanbase very much (he even posted pictures of them on his website) . This is shocking news to me and my girlfriend as we both loved his work very much. i'll miss you man.
in lieu of Mitch's passing here are some quotes from him:

"Alcoholism, is a disease, but it's the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. Dammit Otto, your an alcoholic. Dammit Otto, you have Lupis. One of those two doesn't sound right."

"I opened a yogurt and underneath the lid it said "please try again" they were having a contest that I was unaware of. I thought maybe I had opened the yogurt wrong.Or maybe Yoplait was trying to inspire me. Come on Mitch, don't give up! An inspirational message from your friends at Yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top."

"I brought a donut and the guy gave me a recieipt for the donut. I don't need a receipt for the donut, I give you the money, you give me the donut, end of transaction. We do not need to bring ink and paper into this. I can not imagine the senerio where I would have to prove that I broughrt a donut. Some skeptical friend. Don't even act like I didn't get that donut. I got the documentation right here...oh wait it's at home...in the file... under "D"."

"I was walking by a drycleaner at 3a.m. and there was a sign that said Sorry, we're closed. You don't have to be sorry. It's 3a.m. and your a drycleaner. It would be ridiculous for me to expect you to be open. I'm not gonna come by at 10 and say, hey I was here at 3a.m and you guys were closed. Someone owes me an apology."

"I like rice. Rice is great if your hungry and want 2000 of something."

"I wrote a letter to my dad- I wrote, I really enjoy being here. But I accidently wrote rarely, instead of really. But I still wanted to use it, so I crossed it out and wrote I rarely drive steamboats, Dad. There's a lot you don't know about me. Quit trying to act like I'm a steamboat operator. This letter took a harsh turn right away."

R.I.P Mitch.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?