<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 18, 2005

skills 

In 29 days i shall be 21. It's nice that i had survived this long. I hope that i can endure another 25 years at least. How was my first year of being twenty? It was very experiencing. From moving away from home, to supporting myself, to getting my first creditcard, to almost maxing it out already, to finally learning to balence my budget, to applying to school, to living out one full year of hell at the East Side Mario's franchise (i think i've paid my dues there, and now it's time to escape their soul-sucking clutches), to making my friends laugh, to then pissing them off, sometimes with my blog, through spells of sickness and homesickness, I think i did pretty well for myself. Well at least i think so anyway.

Am i ready for another year? hell, yes! Another year here? I'm not too sure about that. I tell you one thing this year that i didn't learn, and that was decision making. I'm still the terrible decision maker I always was. Perhaps that's a skill you learn when you reach level 21.

speaking of developmental skills, i noticed this a few months ago, i just couldn't be bothered to write about it. I found out that each of the places that i worked at, however horrible they may be. There was always someone that i could bond with. And from this someone i learned one thing from them. During this year at ESM oakville, i learned compassion and kindness, (not that i already had those qualities, I did learn more about them however) ESM huntsville, i learned from my friend there, not to take crap from anyone, if they try to screw you over ( a skill i'm still perfecting).
At Jester's, i learned from my boss, that a job is simply a job and no matter how far they push you, you can just step out of the way (by quitting) and then walk freely. There is always a limit.

Then at grandview, my boss there, taught me to have a good time in the workplace, i mean it's not just a place for horrible work, it's also a place of fun, sometimes.
Year before that, I think when i supervised at Grandview, that was the first year that i didn't have anyone to look up to, and that people looked up to me because i was in a position of superiority. I hope that i did alright there, and wasn't a horrible boss. I really wasn't ready for it.

so yeah...
better years await us...rustedhalo

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?