<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 05, 2004

Is terrible in fashion? 

Why is it so necessary for some people to be miserable? It's so bizarre. In a lot of cases, if someone sees someone who is ultra miserable, they automatically associate their miserableness with ultra-deepness, or very high intelligence. I guess it's as the saying goes: Ignorance is bliss. It is possible to be happy and be intelligent as well?

I was talking to my girlfriend this evening about this topic. It seemed to root itself into music, or at least it's very obvious there. It seems that if the music isn't ultra-deep it's not worth a listen to. What ever happened to listening to what you like? It may seem hypocrictical of myself for writing on this topic because of my actions and behavior in the past, but I certainly have changed since then.

But even before, I listened to music that was very somber and 'deep' but I also bought so called shallow records such as Default and fuck! One of my favourite songs as of late is "Jump Around" by House of Pain! It's not because the lyrics are ultra deep, it's not because the music's full of soul and is artful, it's because it makes me feel really happy, and I love that song. Nick Hornby, author of High Fidelity, wrote that music doesn't have to be ultra deep, it doesn't have to have the most amazing music. It just has to touch your heart, and if you enjoy it, you should fucking listen to it!

Some of my ultra poppy records that I currently enjoy the hell out of:
Reel Big Fish: All of 'em (I even went to their concert! it was awesome!)
No Doubt: Tragic Kingdom
Default: can't think of the title
Outkast: speakerboxxx
Blink 182: self titled
Green Day: all of 'em
Matt Good Band: All of 'em

These are only a handful of really once popular records that still get that, play-until-you-wear-it-out, attention from me. There is still tons more that I like!
Take Avril Lavigne or however the hell you spell it. When her first single came out, I downloaded it, because I liked it! I thought it was a great song. I didn't give a fine rat's ass if she was ultra huge or not, I listened to it because I liked it, you know? Why do you have to like some guy who moans about how horrible his life is and say he's ultra deep. It's like how most poets write about how fucked up the world is.

it's so bizarre how existentialism is so ultra-deep because nothing really matters and life is pointless, so let's all fucking moan about it until we die. Who really is the smarter one? The one who moans about life? Or the one that enjoys the time they have? I'm sick of being depressed because of that is what's in, what's in fashion, what everyone is doing these days. Life isn't terrible!

better years await us...rustedhalo

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?