<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 08, 2004

How can cats get legally high but human beings can't!? 

I gave the cat's catnip yesterday.
what a strange thing, to see them writhing on the floor, scrubbing their cheeks and chins on the carpet, leaving dark trails of drool on the rug (and i thought dogs were bad!).

Well, another Valentine's extravaganza is upon us soon. the only day reserved for people who are lucky in love (which seems like everyone when you're alone). Before my girlfriend and i were together, i always felt like i was unlucky in love. i used to look at all the other males with girlfriends and observe how they treat their girlfriends, and more often than not, they treated them like a pound of beef.
I always used to think that why the hell don't the fems like me? i've always been a great guy (i'd like to think anyway); i was funny (in my own dark, little way); why not me!?
And to this day, i don't know the answer.
I must say that i am very grateful for my relationship that i am in now and it's greatly changed my once pessimistic views i once had of this "so called life" for the better.
I can't really say that i've been the bestest damn boyfriend in town, but i'm trying hard as of late.
Before i had a girlfriend, one of my best friends and i, were miserable. for no good damn reason! our "days of gloom" are now over, mine ending with the finding of such a wonderful lady my girlfriend is! or rather she found me. She found me in a vortex of feelings, a spinning world of aching hearts and dry souls (i am ultra deep by the way.).

I look back to those days now, and i'm embarrassed at my attitude then. Well i guess i can't expect much from a teenaged boy who listened to too much of The Cure, Depeche Mode and The Psychedelic Furs. All of those years were loathsome when i wanted someone to be my valentine and the call went unanswered.

Valentine's day.... a corporate day in the year where we are supposed to show our love by buying pieces of paper with corporate mascots saying (this was a ninja turtle one) "it's cool being green on valentine's day!" What the hell does that mean?!? if it were blue's clues would it say: it's cool being blue on valentine's day? who the hell wants to be blue on valentines? no one that's who! We shouldn't limit ourselves to one day a year to tell our loved ones that we love them. It shouldn't be reserved to the one significant person in your life too! go out and tell everyone you love, that you love them! Everyday! (this sounds like an after school special)

There i go again, getting bitter. ahh well. i'm in a great mood tonight, and i really don't know why. My day wasn't that great though. i really don't know why it was like that.
hmm
well i guess i should be pushing off to sea.
better years await us
rustedhalo

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?