<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004

Hanging the battle-scarred pinata 

We were outnumbered 240 to nine. The ratio of them to us was 27:1. It wasn't looking out to be a very good day.
In the first five minutes we were getting flanked on the right and left sides by 32 of them. And more were pouring in every minute. It was only a matter of time before they hit our station. We were fully stocked and prepared, but were our minds prepared for this onslaught? I suppose there was only one way of figuring it out: by jumping into it with both feet.
We had the first few hits within the first ten minutes of it all. The station to my right was trying desperately to keep up with the barrage of hits; the left, was having an even harder time than the right.

This was only the beginning.

our left and right flanks each had three people, our station, the one that traditionally had the most action only had two. The buzzing noise was an indication that we were in for more than we bargained for. We fought hard for an hour and a half. Then we had a brief period of time when we had to restock our stations. We were then told that we were about to get hit again. Our hearts sank.

All four stations, pizzsal, convection, saute and brofry, kept up with the hits for another two hours. A relentless pounding over and over. I felt like I was going to pass out. I sustained a few injuries, burns mostly, but kepted my defenses strong; I wasn't about to throw in the towel. Ravenous and dehydrated, we emerged victorious, only to realize that tomorrow was going to be worse, for the battle had been won but the war was far from over.

That was work in a nutshell, well, more of a coconut shell, being such a tale and all...
My tired body aches, but my mind remains happy. I can't wait 'til my first paycheck!
I'll write more later. People! Leave comments!
better years await us...rustedhalo

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?